Saturday, October 27, 2007

More Murky Science in Time for Halloween




I think this is a possibility! I don't see things going quite the same way as Oliver Curry or H. G. Wells do, however. I think the two species will look superficially alike. One will be known as Homo Superstitious, and will insist on living in a spooky-magic world of their own making. They will have many moments of wonderment, delight and disappointment. They will have vivid and strange dreams that will either fuel their imagination, or validate their belief system, or both. The other species will be called Homo Pragmatus, and will generally think that the Homo Superstitious species is retarded. They too will dream, and will also fail to appreciate the entertainment value. They will be convinced that their strange dreams indicate that they are more mentally disturbed than their self-image would otherwise suggest.


If people are going to make up unverifiable, goofy shit about the world 1000 years from now, I don't want to be left out. I don't think that anyone in 903 AD foresaw the Buick. Speculating about the planet that far into the future is as futile as trying to predict the weather a year in advance, and for much the same reasons: too many variables.



I kinda like that picture by the way. The artist got a lot in there. Can anyone explain the party hat?

7 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

That link made my day! I esp. appreciated his peak human evolutionary attributes...large penis's & pert breasts. :) & it's all hill from there. Evolution? it's the story of my life.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger shoes said...

great, my small penis and flabby man breasts have reduced me to the lower species.

thanks gene pool........

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Party hat's probably because Samhain (October 31st) is like New Year's Eve to Pagans. Either that, or the artist really likes to confuse the shit out of people......


ILD

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger BEAST FCD said...

Speciation is a dodgy issue. After all,some morons will equate race with sub-speciation, so the argument goes.

Its a pretty interesting thought, although I feel that size and facial features are too superficial. Perhaps we will have a species with a larger brain (Atheists) and those with considerably smaller ones (Christians)?

Just a thought.

Beast

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Kalanchoe542 said...

And a damned good one, too, beast! Kudos!! :-)

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger breakerslion said...

concerned citizen: Some people just don't realize how unintentionally funny they are.

shoes: How do you know that's the lower species? Perhaps the pretty ones will be sex-crazed air heads and devolve into superficial drugged out assholes like Paris Hilton and Tommy Lee. Wait a minute....

anonymous: Could be! Or, it might be a reference to one's birthday determining their astrological future... or maybe the chick in the photo that he was using was at one of those silly parties they have on a cruise ship. I'm officially confused to shit.

beast: Yeah. I just didn't want to think about that.

kalanchoe542: Rest assured. What they lack in size they make up in density. Like a box of rocks!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Rita said...

Hey there! It's me L>T. I have a new blog that is not concerned with local issues. Hopefully, I'll have something interesting to post...

yikes! this sounds like spam almost.
I'm evolving into spam.

Evolution is BAD! Let's nip it in the bud. All the good people are going to be raptured anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home