Sunday, October 07, 2007

Evolution Meme Tag



Delta tagged me with the evolution meme tag a while back. In short:

Five posts to Illustrate the evolution of this blog. Then I’m supposed to tag 5 other bloggers. I’m not going to do that. If you want to play along, consider yourself tagged if you haven’t been by now.

First post, my first serious post. I actually got into this scene to get an avatar and comment on other people’s blogs. It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do with this. Confusion of ideas 101, class 1 This was kind of a mission statement. I was playing with the format of a college class structure, and I stuck with that for some time. I wasn’t sure who my audience was going to be, so now I look at this and wonder, does it seem condescending? Not my intention. I was going to be a teacher at one time, then I decided the politics and red tape made it too difficult to teach in this country. I’m not good with authority figures and stuffed-shirt petit bureaucrats. (can I get a ,“No shit!”?) I return to this format once in a while, usually if I discover some dirty mindfuck trick that I had not recognized before and that is not directly covered in the list of fallacious arguments.

Second post, 6 months later. I start to comment on other people’s observations. Anatomy of a Social Disease

Third post. In Ax 17, versus 22-34, I take on scriptural interpretation of my favorite con man, Paul. This was part two of a two-parter. I think I enjoyed writing it more than my readership enjoyed reading it. I toyed with doing a more jaundiced interpretation than the Skeptic’s annotated Bible, but realized it would be a lot of work. I learned from this, and did a little better send up of the Passover “Miracles”.

In April 2006, I tried to get some audience participation going without resorting to meme tagging. I was posting more regularly back then and had a few more steady readers. I quickly learned with Find the Money that my audience was too individualistic to enjoy directed writing projects.

In The Neverending Godfomercial, part n, I supply a definition for one of my pet phrases and go a little nuts with the links.

That’s five, but “Miracles” is kind of a bonus post, so I’ll make this a throw-away. This is the first time I figured out how to post a video from You-Tube. Enjoy!

4 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Delta said...

Thanks, it's interesting to read about your blogs evolution from your perspective. I always enjoy your posts. With some bloggers the posts seem fairly predictable, but yours are generally very diverse and thought-provoking.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger concerned citizen said...

Those were all great posts.
I'm with delta on this one, I enjoy your posts, too.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger breakerslion said...

Thanks you two. I really value your opinions.

 
At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tibia money tibia gold tibia item runescape money runescape gold tibia money tibia gold runescape gold runescape accounts tibia gold tibia money runescape money runescape gp buy runescape gold tibia gold tibia item buy runescape money runescape gold runescape items tibia money tibia gold

 

Post a Comment

<< Home