Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Scientology: Full Jason Beghe Interview

This is over two hours long, so it's quite a commitment. It's interesting to hear a first-hand account before decompression has a chance to set in. If you are not familiar with the jargon, and are interested, try the Operation Clambake link to the right.

Here is the Tom Cruise response:

“Jason, Jason, Jason. How could you? Thirteen years, Jason. Thirteen years! You were an OT 5! That’s higher than Jenna Elfman and Jason Lee. That’s higher than Giovanni Ribisi. You were tied with Travolta! You were tied with Travolta!!
You say that Scientology hasn’t delivered you what it promised. Jason, that’s ridiculous! Look at all the great acting roles you got once you got clear. “Danny Blaines” in Chicago Hope. “Don” in four episodes of Family Law. Jason, you were Matt’s closeted military lover in Melrose Place. You and he almost kissed!
You say you know people who are OT 8’s who are unhappy, who have migraines? That’s so glib, Jason. You’re so glib. I mean, how can we KSW when all these SPs are fighting the OTs and the orgs? Jason, if you’re a PTS then LRH will be PO’d! Maybe you should get some KFC PDQ and then R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.!
Oh, and Jason, what was with that weird fake laughter you do near the end of the video? I mean, who laughs like that, huh?
Let me tell you something, Jason. This whole thing has really hurt. Really hurt. Not only did I have to get my thetan levels checked, but this whole controversy almost ruined Suri’s birthday week. She turned two Friday! And I made her! With Katie! By having sex!
Fortunately, Jason, your little tape did not ruin our celebration. In fact I’m going to see Katie and Suri right now, because they are totally not in New York, and Katie and I are totally not having a trial separation. But before I sign off, Jason, let me leave you with these words, to quote the great Kelly Preston: Scientology rocks! Why am I sure that Scientology rocks? Because I did the research! I know!”

So what do we have here? Some Ad Hominem assaults, some false sarcasm, and a lot of childish mockery. What are we supposed to take away? "We don't take you seriously, Jason, so no one else should either!"

This is a childish and idiotic attempt at damage control. It is one giant fnord. It makes as much sense as trying to hide the Nazi Party behind a cute little old Bavarian mascot with a big white mustache and Lederhosen. Unfortunately, it works on a society with a notoriously short attention span. As time goes by, both will be remembered with equal lack of weight by too many uninterested parties.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger breakerslion said...

I almost forgot.

"You say that Scientology hasn’t delivered you what it promised. Jason, that’s ridiculous! Look at all the great acting roles you got once you got clear. “Danny Blaines” in Chicago Hope. “Don” in four episodes of Family Law. Jason, you were Matt’s closeted military lover in Melrose Place. You and he almost kissed!"

Classic religious false attribution. Your accomplishments aren't because you might have talent, no! It's God/The Elixer/The Secret that's responsible!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Rev. Barky said...

That sounds like back scientological scratching to me.

I did an post on the E-Meter a few years ago. You can read about how they scam from that angle.

http://aredant.blogspot.com/2005/11/e-meter-psychological-torture-ala.html

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger breakerslion said...

I remember that post. Led me to write my own allegory on L. Ron's Big Adventure. Well worth another look.

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Scientology you can audit all day
Sing like Travolta and watch your pain go away

In Scientology we have conquered our pain
And when it gets dry we can make it rain

In Scientology we are as happy as clams
I'm an OT3 and I know where I am

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger breakerslion said...

Thanks for the grin, Anon.

Clams as happy as these oysters?

I know where I am too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buqtdpuZxvk

The math is a bit off, but you get the idea.

Scientology reminds me of an old tale that I will butcher here.

There was once a young student of a certain Guru who became frustrated at the slow pace at which the Guru imparted knowledge. He confronted the Guru on this and the Guru explained, "I am giving you knowledge as quickly as you can learn it."

Almost speechless with anger, the student stormed off to learn the mysterise of the universe elsewhere.

Twenty years later, and now a man of much learning, the student found himself back in the neighborhood of his old Guru. Upon inquiry, he discovered that the old man was still alive and set off to see him.

The Guru recognized him immediately and asked, "Where have you been?"

"I have traveled far and learned much," said the former student, "and surely I am now your equal in wisdom and ability. I have even learned how to walk upon water!"

"If you had just stopped fooling around and taken a boat," the Guru replied, "you could have come back to me sooner."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home