Sunday, December 11, 2005

A Horrible Little Man


I just created an account on MediaMatters.org so that I could comment on this article, only to find that they quickly archive their stories, and do not allow new posts. I will have to post my comments here instead.

Bill O'Reilly, the ultimate Conservative jackass, recently stated that he would:

"use all the power that I have on radio and television to bring horror into the world of people" who "diminish and denigrate the [Christmas] holiday." O'Reilly specified "oppressive, totalitarian, anti-Christian forces in this country" as those who seek to undermine Christmas, asserting that these "forces" are "on the run, because I will put their face and their name on television and I will talk about them on the radio if they do it."

My comment:

"... all the power that I have on radio and television to bring horror into the world of people", is thankfully far less than Blathering Bill imagines it to be. As far as his taking aim on those that would make Christmas more than a Jesus-freak holiday (as it has been for centuries uncounted), I can only say, "You'll shoot your eye out!" - Jean Shepherd (1921-1999), a real radio personality.

Thank you once again, Hellbound Alleee, for bringing this to my attention.

1 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger joy-c said...

I watched him blather on about this the other day and just laughed. Leave it to the Christo-Fascists to suck the joy right out of a happy time of year.

Oi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home