Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Shortest Critique of Scientology?

This is the shortest critique that I can muster. "Thanks!" to Adam Savage and Dorothy Parker for inspiration.

"I reject your reality and substitute reality."

I don't think they can find anything in there to sue me over, either.

Ok, I suppose "Bullshit!" would be shorter, but less specific.

It seems a shame. Back in the "Joe Friday" days of the 50's and early 60's, I have no doubt that people engaged in this kind of activity would be arrested and charged with both fraud and tax evasion. Now, of course, they are able to cloak themselves in the bloody sheephide of religion, and we must all respect their "right" to sell their beliefs.

2 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger BEAST FCD said...

Scientology has not set on our shores here, although I do read that they believe in some fantastic, UFO space-triology stuff.

Not sure they can land on our shores, though. They will probably be slapped with The sedition law if they do.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Rev. Barky said...

it's amazing how some idiot former friend of mine tried to defend this hoax by using Tom Cruise as an example and how it must be ok since he is so successful and I am not. I read this as "It's OK to lie to yourself and everyone around you if it gets you where you want to be." I call that moral bankruptcy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home