Friday, September 22, 2006

The Neverending Gofomercial Part n-a


This is not exactly the next post in this series. That has been delayed because I can't find a reference that I'm looking for. Meanwhile, a question: How great a role do you suppose ego plays in the endless repetition of scripture? I mean, is one of the motivators in this selling game the idea that the prostylitizer has the knowledge of the ages, and is dispensing same to those who are not priviledged to have this knowledge without his/her sharing it? If so, how much of a factor is that in the behavior? How important, do you think, is this ego trip in the scheme of things?

The photo is of the not-only-Reverend but "Very Rev. Christopher Cantrell, SSC" of the Church of the Holy (what, no "very"?) Apostoles. And what is this I see before me, emblazoned on that robe? Surely it's not... The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?

2 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Kristine said...

The "very Rev." Rev?

Well, rev it up, Rev.! Vroom, vroom!

Doesn't his nauseating little pic just scream, "Look at me, I'm hot!" Hand perpetually on the, er, grenade. (I'm terrible.)

What is the reference that you seek? I am in training to be a librarian, don'tcha know.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Kristine said...

"Our rector." Oh dear, I just saw that.

What about "our res-erector." If you dare, look here and peek at the comments. Go toward the end. Me bad, bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home